RESCUE DIVER / LEVEL 3
Scuba divers describe the PADI Rescue Diver course as the most challenging, yet most rewarding course they’ve ever taken. Why? Because you learn to prevent and manage problems in the water, and become more confident in your skills as a diver, knowing that you can help others if needed.
The PADI RESCUE Diver course consists of learning the following:
Recognizing and managing stress in other divers
Emergency management and equipment
Rescuing panicked divers
Rescuing unresponsive divers
DAY 1: Rescue exercises
- Tired diver
- Panicked diver
- Response from shore, boat or dock (responsive diver)
- Distressed diver underwater
- Missing diver
- Surfacing the unresponsive diver
- Unresponsive diver at the surface
- Exiting the unresponsive diver
- First aid for pressure-related injuries & oxygen administration
- Response from shore/boat to unresponsive diver at the surface
DAY 2: Rescue scenarios
Having learned and mastered all of the key rescue skills during rescue exercises, you successfully respond to at least two rescue scenarios. Within the bounds of what is reasonable and safe in the course environment, the scenarios will be as realistic as possible.
12 years old at time of course.
Dive quality mask, snorkel & boots.
Educational material, all instruction.
Certification card processing.
All rental gear, tanks, wetsuit, BCD, regulator & dive computer.